We know this is an
inconvenience, but we believe it is a small price to pay in an effort to
protect each person's and our community's well-being.
We encourage you to bring your own mask, but if you do not have one, we will have masks available.
Let's keep trusting the Lord and rejoicing through each of these difficulties. He is faithful, and we want to be faithful in our responses in each season. Let's not let inconveniences get in the way of our worship!
One who is faithful in very little is also faithful in much… Luke 16:10 PastorDave
- Worship Service in the Gym Sundays @ 10:30am & Facebook Live-stream
- We will continue to live-stream the service on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/River-of-Life-Church-210903672277864
- Enter through the double doors in the gym.
- For those with health concerns that would like to attend, there will be separate seating at the back of the gym. Enter through the doors by the playground.
Health & Social Distancing
- If you are sick in any way, please stay and worship from home.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available; please use some when entering and when leaving the building.
- Masks and gloves will be available for those who would like to wear them. Masks are not required but encouraged.
- Respect distance with people and be considerate of their needs and preferences.
- Hugs and Handshakes only with people you know are OK with closer contact.
- The gym and chairs have been sanitized according to CDC guidelines.
Seating & Dismissal
- Ushers will seat people, placing families together and dismissing by rows following the service.
- We will have prepackaged communion on your seat along with a hand sanitizer packet.
- We will not be serving any refreshments but hope to resume as soon as possible.
Bulletin & Announcements
- Paper bulletins and Connection Cards will be available at the Connection Centers at each entry to the gym.
- Download the Faithlife Bible Study app to follow the announcements during the service: https://faithlife.com/apps
River of Life Family and Friends,
With the continuous news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share a few key comments for our church family and guests.
Mason has encountered its first cases of COVID-19, and like the rest of the world, we are concerned for the health and safety of the entire community. Please pray for those who are sick and for those at risk in our community, prayer is our #1 weapon in any situation. Pray also for our first responders, as they put their lives on the line daily for us all.
We will continue to livestream our Sunday morning worship service each week at Facebook Live. Small groups and ministries will continue to meet as determined by their leaders using online meeting applications or in person with extra precaution regarding safety.
Online Giving is now available on our home page and at this link: Give Online
P.O. Box 1477
Mason, TX 76856
For information on donations to local relief efforts related to COVID-19, see our Disaster Relief page.
I also encourage you to consider what the apostle Paul wrote to the Philippian church from prison in chapter 1:
Every situation is under the sovereign care of our Heavenly Father. As we work with diligence to faithfully apply wisdom to every situation, we must remember that God is seeking the glory of His Son so that all people might come to know Him. Every situation is an opportunity to tell others about the good news about Jesus. And as Paul said, we will see that “what has happened to me has actually served to advance the Gospel...” so that we might “... dare all the more to proclaim the Gospel without fear.”
With that in mind, look for creative opportunities to serve others in wise, practical ways during this season. Ask the Lord for who and how you might be a blessing to someone even by phone, text or Facetime. As you are able, meet in small groups for encouragement and prayer. And especially, spend time with your families! Reclaim time that has been lost to busyness and overly hectic schedules. Have dinner together - long dinners! Talk about what you are reading in the scriptures with your families. Memorize our Fighter Verse Scriptures together (including the age appropriate ones for younger children.)
Finally, we encourage everyone to approach the situation as any other serious issue, with prayer, wisdom and faith. Jesus is still Lord, and the Holy Spirit is here to comfort us and guide us. Let's serve those hurting in our church and community. Rely on your church family for encouragement. Enjoy your freedom in Christ to not be anxious but to give thanks and rejoice. Only Jesus provides a reality that good! Use this as an opportunity to communicate the good news about Jesus all the more.
Blessings in Christ,
Dave Benefield and the ROL Elders