April 3, 2020
River of Life
Family and Friends,
continuous news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share a few key
comments for our church family and guests.
We are implementing guidance given by President Trump and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the guidance of Mason County to cancel meetings of more than 10 people. We will be looking at this week by week and keep you informed. (See White House Coronavirus Guidance).
Please check back regularly for updates on changes to scheduled events. See the current status of upcoming events below:
- 10:30 am Sunday Worship Service - for April 5 and April 12 (Easter Sunday), we will broadcast our worship service via Facebook Live. We encourage everyone to worship and enjoy the online service at home with family or in small groups of 10 or less. (See links to River of Life's Facebook Page HERE. You do not have to have a Facebook account to watch, just refresh the Facebook River of Life page between 10:15 am and 10:30 am, and you will find the live feed by scrolling down. If you need help with this, please call the office at 325-347-9497 or Stacy Johnson at 325-347-4489).
- Life Groups - as decided by each Life Group Leader considering CDC guidance and Mason County Directives
- Ministry Meetings - as decided by each Ministry Leader considering CDC guidance and Mason County Directives
- Kingdom Kids Preschool - cancelled through May 4th
- Shape Up Exercise Classes - moved offsite; contact office for more details
- True Connection Student Ministry - meeting via Zoom (teleconferencing) Wednesdays at 7 pm; contact Kory Perlichek or Stacy Johnson through the church office with questions and for a link to the Zoom session.
- Friday Morning Men's Breakfast and Bible Study - cancelled until further notice
- Parenting Workshop - cancelled for Friday March 20, will be rescheduled
- David Davidson, Sr Sunday School - cancelled until further notice
Online Giving is now available on our home page and at this link: Give Online
Financial Gifts can also be dropped off at the church office during office hours or mailed to:
River of Life Church
P.O. Box 1477
Mason, TX 76856
For information on donations to local relief efforts related to COVID-19, see our Disaster Relief page.
I also encourage you to consider what the apostle Paul wrote to the Philippian church from prison in chapter 1: “12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.”
Every situation is under the sovereign care of our Heavenly Father. As we work with diligence to faithfully apply wisdom to every situation, we must remember that God is seeking the glory of His Son so that all people might come to know Him. Every situation is an opportunity to tell others about the good news about Jesus. And as Paul said, we will see that “what has happened to me has actually served to advance the Gospel...” so that we might “... dare all the more to proclaim the Gospel without fear.”
With that in mind, look for creative opportunities to serve others in wise, practical ways during this season. Ask the Lord for who and how you might be a blessing to someone even by phone, text or Facetime. As you are able, meet in small groups for encouragement and prayer. And especially, spend time with your families! Reclaim time that has been lost to busyness and overly hectic schedules. Have dinner together - long dinners! Talk about what you are reading in the scriptures with your families. Memorize our Fighter Verse Scriptures together (including the age appropriate ones for younger children.) Go over the children's ministry curriculum that is distributed via email. (If you would like to be added to that list, please call the church at 325-347-9497).
Finally, we encourage everyone to approach the situation as any other serious issue, with prayer, wisdom and faith. Jesus is still Lord, and the Holy Spirit is here to comfort us and guide us. Rely on your church family for encouragement. Enjoy your freedom in Christ to not be anxious but to give thanks and rejoice. Only Jesus provides a reality that good! Use this as an opportunity to communicate the good news about Jesus all the more.